Sunday, January 6, 2013

Chicken Pot Pie

I had a real hankering for chicken pot pie while grocery shopping tonight, and decided to make it for the first time. I'll admit, I had no clue what I was doing, but it turned out great, and healthy! This made enough for 2 people plus a leftover portion, or in my case, enough for just me plus lunch tomorrow and the next day because my husband hates pretty much every ingredient in here. You will need:

1 Birds Eye Mixed Vegetable Steam Bag (carrots, peas, green beans, corn)
1 mini can of Grands Biscuits
2 tbs of cornbread mix (or any kind of biscuit mix)
3-4 tbs of chicken broth
1 cup of shredded chicken

Steam the vegetables as directed and pour into a small casserole dish. Mix together the chicken broth and the cornbread mix with the vegetables. Meanwhile, boil and shred the chicken. 

(Did you know you can shred chicken perfectly in your Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer?)

Mix the shredded chicken with the veggie/cornbread/broth mixture in the casserole dish. Press and smooth with a fork. Peel 3 biscuits in half and place on top in the dish. 

Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until biscuits are slightly golden. I like mine softer so I didn't cook them as long.

1 serving, which was about 1/4 of the dish, came out to 508 calories.


Enjoy...I know I did!




No comments:

Post a Comment