Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cinnamon Oatmeal Green Smoothie

I have to admit, this recipe was completely experimental. It was a throw in some of this, a little bit of that, and a pinch more if this type of morning. It was a success though! Today I introduce you to the cinnamon oatmeal green smoothie. The only thing I will do differently next time is soaking the oats in the almond milk overnight to soften them. You will need:

1 cup of Silk original almond milk
1/2 cup of fat free greek yogurt
1/2 a frozen banana
1/2 cup of old fashion oats
2 tbs. of brown sugar
2 tsp. of cinnamon
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
1 tbs. of Splenda
1 cup of baby spinach 

 
 
 (Please excuse the garage picture, I was in a hurry this morning!)

 
If you like smooth, thin smoothies, this may not be for you. This was thick, and a little bit gritty, but I personally did not mind it. Like I said earlier, next time I will soak the oats in the almond milk overnight to soften them!
 
All in all, this came out to 18 grams of protein and 294 calories!

1 comment:

  1. YUM!! I'm trying this for Monday's smoothie!

    I love oatmeal. I love brown sugar. I LOVE cinnamon. I think I'm going to love this smoothie :)

    Good thinking and way to be a genius in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete