Monday, January 7, 2013

Protein Packed Peanut Butter Banana Green Smoothie

I have only been making green smoothies for a few days now, but this one is by far my favorite. Now, if I had added a tablespoon or two of cocoa powder, it could quiet possibly top the charts as my all time favorite, but I'll save that for a day when I need a good pick-me-up. Today's smoothie is packed with protein, 30 grams to be exact! The majority of it comes from the peanut butter, greek yogurt, and flax seed. To make this powerful concoction, you will need:

1 medium frozen banana
2 tbs of peanut butter
1/2 cup of non fat greek yogurt
1 cup of almond milk
4 cups of spinach
2 tbs of ground flax seed
1-2 tbs of splenda (to taste)

 Blend it all together now!
Tada! Like I said earlier, 30 grams of protein, 550 calories, and all of my vitamin A & C for the day.

***I MUST NOTE: I could NOT finish this thing! Holy moly. Half way through it I was full to the brim. So I guess you could say its 15 grams of protein and 225 calories per serving.

Bottoms up :)






2 comments:

  1. Hello cute layout! This is wonderful, my dear!

    Just wanted to let you know that I saw your comment on my post today and I was going to reply via email, but I can't because you are a 'No-Reply' blogger. It's easy to fix; there are links in today's post as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll get that fixed right away, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete