Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hey girl, hey!

Why hello there! If you are reading this, then I guess my first post didn't scare you off yet. Awesome! This is where I beg you to keep reading, because I am about to introduce myself, and spill all of the deep, dark, juice secrets. Just kidding. Well, there was that one time, at band camp.....


Most of you reading this already know me, but for those who don't, my name is Lynley. I'm 23, married, no kids, oh yeah, and I'm fat. Yep, I said it. I have a 10 mile long list of things I have medically wrong with me. Screws in my back, 2 knee surgeries, C5, C6, C7, T1, and T2 nerve damage from a birth injury, flat feet, swayback, a weird sense of humor....the list goes on and on. Which has led me to my second point, I'm fat. I'm not obese, but it sure as heck wouldn't hurt to lose some weight. Isn't that true for most people these day? Now most people would fix that by cutting back on sugary drinks, run a few miles, lift some weights, etc. Sounds easy, right? Not for me. After years of trying it all, I've learned that my body is not designed to handle things like that. This is not a cop out. I'm not trying to sound lazy. Let's face it, my left arm has half of the functionality as my right, my knee bones grind together, and I have arthritis out the wazoo. So, it's time for plan B. I'm not talking slim fast shakes and rice cakes that taste like cardboard. I mean real food.

You don't have to munch on celery sticks all day to lose weight. In fact, I hate celery. That's one veggie you will not see in this blog! You know what I do like though? Pan seared chicken breasts in a spinach and fig sauce with garlic mashed potatoes. Breaded tilapia with peach mango salsa. Stuffed mushrooms. Apple pie. That is the kind of food I like, and that is the kind of food I cook that is around 500 calories or less. What?! That's crazy. Am I losing my mind? Maybe :)

Now, let's get to the point. My goal is to lose weight by consuming healthy, nutritional meals, prepared by yours truly, along with some light (and I really mean light!) exercise, like walking my dog each night.

I'm hoping to be down 40 lbs. by the end of 2013. Can I do it? We'll see!

1 meal a day will consist of a smoothie, most likely my breakfast, so I can drink it in the car on my way to work. Once my back heals, I will incorporate my daily activity and the end of each blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment