Saturday, January 5, 2013

Say hello to my little friends

I'm on a bit of a posting kick tonight. Hey, it's my first blog, bite me. :)

I thought before I go to bed, I'd make a post about my BKF's, aka my Best Kitchen Friends. These are appliances, foods, and phone apps that I use pretty much every day.

This is Marilyn. (Everybody says, "Hiiii Marilyn" in a monotone voice like an AA meeting)
The basic model Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer. This thing can shred chicken like Wolverine. Make dough like the dough boy himself. Whip up taters like a hurricane. I just love it! If it ever breaks, I will cry...then go buy a new one.

Next is my Ninja Pulse Blender (I think that's the right name for it)
Why do I love this so much? Well, the big cup is a food processor, but it also came with 4 travel size cups with lids, which is why I REALLY love it! This bad boy can whip up a mean, green, protein packed spinach smoothie in seconds. I use the every morning for make my spinach breakfast smoothie, and sometimes at night to make dessert milkshakes.

Then, we have the food scale.
This thing really helps put things into perspective. Do you REALLY know what 4 oz. of pasta looks like? or 6 oz. of chicken? I thought I did. LOL. I apparently suck at guesstimating, which is why I rely on this gem. Trust me, 4 oz. of spaghetti calories and wayyyyyy different than 6.37 oz. Imagine over estimating day after day. Month after month. And people wonder where this extra weight comes from??

Last but not least, the app that has it's own folder on my phone screen, because it's just that special, My Fitness Pal.

Sometimes I close my eyes and pretend I'm so rich and celebrity like, that I have my own personal butler who tracks what I eat all day. Then I wake up and realize I only have an iPhone and this awesome app. Its the same thing, right? Anyway, this thing is easy peezy to use. Eat the food. Track the calories. Jump in the air victoriously when you stay under your calorie limit (or cry and contemplate eating a whole box of oreos when you don't) and see your weight loss progress. If you don't have this app, get it. If you don't have a smart phone, they have a website, too!

I will be updating this post as I meet more BKF's, so stayed tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment