Saturday, January 5, 2013

I like to lose it, lose it!

It's that time of year again. The time when everyone decides THIS is the year. THIS is THEIR year. They WILL lose weight THIS year! Sound familiar? I've said that every year for the past 3 years. It's driving me crazy. I'm losing it.

Now, I know I'm a few days late. It's Jan. 5th and I haven't started losing anything yet (except my mind). These past 5 days have been rough. I had a severe back and diaphragm spasm Thursday which landed me in the hospital, along with a doctors note not to engage in any strenuous activity (aka nothing that could possibly burn calories...grr). I did just spend about $80 on new workout clothes though, does that count?

Lucky for me, I've got a kitchen, lots of healthy food, and a damn good, creative imagination, which has led me here. Here, in this blog, I will be keeping track of the delicious, and maybe not so delicious creations that come from my kitchen, along with documenting my sloowwwww workout progress due to my injuries.



My goal is to prove that you can lose weight in the kitchen, and that not all healthy food has to be disgusting. I am going to try my hardest to stick to a few simple principles:
-Each meal will have 6 ingredients or less.
-No "weird" foods, as I call them. Everything I buy is from Walmart, Publix, or Costco. No hippe health food, grocery bill more than my mortgage, put hair on your chest type of food.
- No refined sugar up in this kitchen.
-The only food coming from a box will be things like pasta, rice, etc. NO prepackaged dinners!

Simple enough, right? Are you picking up what I'm putting down?

Well, if you are, feel free to subscribe, leave me comments, and give some of my recipes and tips a try!

Happy New Year, now let's start Losing It!

1 comment: